Minutes 2.3.17

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting, 2.3.17, Bosbury Parish Hall, 7.30pm

Present
Councillors Sven Bosley (Chairman), Joe Hayes, Rachel Lovering, Julie E Baker, Patrick Whitehead, Liz Cooke, Mark Andrews, Gian Carlo Paganuzzi, Tim Newsholme, John Joyce-Townsend, Charlie Ferrier
In attendance
Leanne Rex – Parish Clerk
Public: 12
1.0 To Accept Apologies for Absence and Note the Reason
Julia Boyle (holiday), Matt Hosking (work)
2.0 To Record any Declarations of Interest and Requests for Dispensations
None.
3.0 To approve the Minutes of the Previous Parish Council Meeting
2.2.17 minutes agreed to be accurate; approved and signed by the chair.
4.0 To Receive Brief Report from Ward Councillor Tony Johnson
Not present for this meeting.
5.0 Beanfield Planning Appeal Update (160450 Land to the east of Brook Lane, Bosbury)
Appeal was held on 14.2.17, Hereford Town Hall at 10am and heard by the planning appeal inspector is Mr Bridgewater . PW and MH had the opportunity to clarify information in the submitted documentation as the appeal progressed. The Inspector visited the Beanfield site in the afternoon and PW/MH were able to show the access opposite Great Gables with the visibility issue. The inspector attended the PROW by the side of Brook Lane and the visibility that would be across the Beanfield site.
Main core of the appeal is that the Draft Core Strategy had a change to 1 word in the last paragraph – changing from “settlement” to “parish”. Net effect is that the settlement has 104 house and the development plan would have identified 14 houses for development; whereas the parish has 350 houses and identifies the need for 49 houses for development. Therefore the appellant case was that the 21 houses proposed equated to less than half of the number required for development.
Decision due 4 – 6 weeks. Notification will go to planners in Hereford and Cllr Johnson had advised previously he would notify the Clerk asap.
6.0 Public Participation Session for Local Residents to Raise Matters Relevant to the Parish Council
6.1 Drains and grips at West Corner need clearing and jetting. LR
6.2 Website needs updating. LR
6.3 Potholes at Coddington (round left hand bend past Church) LR

7.0 Correspondence / Discussion / Governance
7.1 Update re Forge Bank Amenity area
Fencing complete, photos circulated, positive comments received.
Ed Seanright to be asked to strim twice pa – April and September. LR
7.2 Catley Phonebox
BT have acknowledged our interest. Will contact the PC in due course.
Insurance – is it cheaper to add onto the policy at the start of they year? LR
7.3 HALC and SLCC membership
The Clerk summarized the membership costs, benefits and her experience of using the service. Meeting discussed the significant rise in HALC membership costs and whether it offered value for money.
Meeting generally felt it was not good value for money but there was little alternative. SLCC membership had not been very useful to the Clerk.
SB proposed/LC seconded – Remain with HALC membership – 10 for/1 Against
SB proposed/JEB seconded – Leave SLCC membership – 11 for.
7.4 Kerbside Car Sales Complaint
A complaint had been received regarding kerbside car sales at the top of Lower Southfield Lane. Clerk had written to Trading Standards – no response and had sent email to Cllr Johnson asking for assistance to get a response. The issue has resolved via a Police Office calling distributing leaflets who dealt with the complaint. LR to try and make contact with Trading Standards for future reference. LR
7.5 Community Payback scheme
A scheme for offenders to work within the community on PC projects had been submitted by Warwickshire and West Mercia Rehabilitation Services. No projects were deemed to be suitable.
8.0 Highways/Footpaths/Lengthsman
8.1 Footbridge over Stoney Brook
Balfour Beatty have confirmed the bridge is item 6 out of 7 on the capital programme for 2017. Came and Co have confirmed that provided the bridge was installed by a fully insured and qualified contractor, and regularly inspected, then it would be covered the insurance policy.
Meeting agreed to hold this item until Sept ’17 and see if the Balfour Beatty capital programme delivers.
8.2 Speeding – Safer Roads Partnership
The hedge has been trimmed back at the Cradley end traffic calming. Thanks to MA.
Clerk had written to Safer Roads partnership to request enforcement actions – no response; LR chase. LR
Speeding complaint at Stanley Hill Court – the Clerk forwarded to Cllr Johnson/Cllr Rone for guidance.
JJT advised a community speedwatch scheme where 6 people attend a police training course and are issued with radar guns etc. 3 people must be present during the speed checks at all times. The radar takes the reg. no. and police send a warning letter.
LC suggested this could be promoted on the website / Church Magazine to test interest. Need to confirm details 1st with Safer Roads partnership. LR
8.3 Additional SID base
£425 for a new SID base.
Concern over this additional spend when the traffic calming scheme has been achieved so economically.
Clerk to contact Balfour Beatty to establish whether a 3rd party contractor can re-locate the base. LR
JH to get a price for a spare socket. JH
8.4 PROW signage and waymarkers
The issue is deterioration and fading. Need 250 straight arrows, 50 right and 50 left. Aluminium signs would not deteriorate even if they faded. Investigate whether the company Emma contacted can provide waymarkers that won’t fade. LR
SB proposed/PW seconded “Clerk to purchase the waymarkers; all agreed. LR
Expense can be reclaimed from the P3 grant.
8.5 To discuss new highways/footpath issues
Visitor has reported a diseased Ash Tree on the path along the river. Clerk has notified Balfour Beatty.
8.6 Lengthsman/P3 Expenditure Forecast to 31.3.17 and Lengthsman Maintenance Plan
Both documents have been submitted by the Clerk.
9.0 Finance
9.1 To Agree Finance Report and Bank Balances
The meeting agreed the above.
9.2 To Agree Payments of outstanding accounts as per finance report
The following were all agreed:
690 G Day £816.00 691 Seabright £190.00 692 B Beatty (SID) £360.00 693 Bosbury Educ Foundation £10.00
694 G Merrick (fencing labour) £290.00 695 R Goddard (fencing materials) £449.28 696 HALC Membership £606.96
9.3 Precept
The Clerk had circulated via email the confirmation of the £14,000 precept. PW asked when the precept payments would be made :– April and September
10.0 Training / Meetings
10.1 To note dates and decide attendees for meetings
None
10.2 To Receive Reports from any meetings attended
Beanfield appeal, see 5.0 above.
11.0 To Note & Review the Information & Outstanding Actions Sheet

Date        Min Action Status Comments
6.10.16   6.1    PW       Ask Seabrights to strim twice pa :– Apr – Sept
6.10.16   7.6    JH       Hold Quote to repair the existing gates at new burial ground using existing black metal furniture.
6.10.16   7.6    JH       Hold Use compost boxes in the new burial ground. Hold – expensive
1.12.16   6.3    Clerk   Hold Add Catley phonebox to insurance once adopted. Hold, await notification from BT.
1.12.16   7.8.5   LC     Ongoing Speak to homeowner re hedge obscuring school sign.
2.2.17   8.2     JJT      Ongoing Take advice re any further speeding deterrents
2.2.17   8.6     Clerk   Complete Write to Came and Co re liability of installing a bridge
2.2.17   8.8     JH       Ongoing JH to purchase multi tool for footpaths officer, budget £1000

12.0 Planning – Approval of Minutes of the Planning Meeting held on 2.2.17 (previously circulated)
Approved and signed by PW.
13.0 To note Date and Time of next scheduled meeting
Thursday 6.4.17, 2017, 7.30pm, Bosbury Parish Hall
14.0 To raise items for the next scheduled Parish Council meeting (no discussion)
Beanfield update

The meeting closed to the public at 21.00
15.0 Confidential Minute for Councillors only
The Confidential minute was approved and signed. The following items were raised and minuted here as they are not of a confidential nature:
1. Could Julie Baker and Julia Boyle initials be differentiated. Agreed Julie E Baker to be JEB.
2. Ask HALC for advice re the correct process for submitting a proxy vote. LR
3. Ask HALC for advice when a person should leave the room – whether councillor with an interest or employee ? At the start of a discussion? At the point of a vote? LR
4. Ask HALC can a Councillor stay if they have declared and recorded an interest bearing in mind they are quite often the most knowledgeable person to contribute to a discussion? LR
5. Role of the staffing committee to be assessed by SB – to be clear for future situations what the role of the staffing committee is and what is subject to full Council discussion. SB