Minutes October 2014

<strong>Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Thursday 2nd October 2014 at 7.30pm</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>Present</strong>

Councillors S Bosley (Chairman), J Hayes, J Joyce-Townsend, B Taylor, M Twigg and P Whitehead

<strong> </strong>

<strong>In attendance</strong>

Ward Councillor T Johnson

Balfour Beatty Locality Steward Neil James

Footpath Warden J Boyce

J Chester – Parish Clerk

&nbsp;

<strong>Public</strong>: 10

<strong>Action </strong>
<table>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td width=”486″> The chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

<strong> </strong>

<strong>1/10/14</strong> <strong>Apologies Received </strong>– Cllr G Blandford (work commitments), Cllr J Boyle, Cllr M Hosking, Cllr G Paganuzzi and Cllr I Waddell (all away on holiday or business)

<strong> </strong>

<strong>2/10/14 Declarations of Interest &amp; Requests for Dispensation </strong>– none

&nbsp;
<table>
<tbody>
<tr>
<td width=”118″><strong>Councillor Name</strong></td>
<td width=”118″><strong>Agenda Item</strong></td>
<td width=”118″><strong>Type of Interest</strong></td>
<td width=”118″><strong>Nature of Interest</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width=”118″></td>
<td width=”118″></td>
<td width=”118″></td>
<td width=”118″></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
&nbsp;

<strong>3/10/14 To approve minutes of the meeting held on 4th September 2014 (previously circulated) </strong>

&nbsp;

The minutes were approved as a true and accurate record and duly signed by the chairman.

<strong> </strong>

<strong>4/10/14 To approve minutes and other documents relevant to the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group (copies previously circulated) </strong>

<strong> </strong>

All minutes and documents agreed, adopted and signed by the chairman

<strong> </strong>

<strong>5/10/14 To receive a brief report from the Ward Councillor(s):</strong>

&nbsp;

Cllr Johnson advised that Herefordshire Council are asking parish councils to put in their precept requirement for 2015/16 by 31<sup>st</sup> December 2014. A proposal regarding the lengthsman scheme being extended to include a grant available of up to £100 per km in the parish for repair of “C” and “U” roads and to include repair of the category 3&amp;4 potholes once the lengthsman has received correct training. Anthony Bush is to send out details regarding training and insurance.

The Local Enterprise Partnership has already received £43 million and a further £4 – £5 million is available which is to be prioritized on broadband.

The next round of budget setting commences at the end of the month until the end of January. Herefordshire Council have operated within budget for the 2014/15 year and anticipate 2015/16 being the same but future years the budget will be very tight. The biggest problem foreseen is the effect of The Care Bill on the county and the raising of the self-care limit from £22k to £70k, with the gap having to be filled by Herefordshire Council. Anticipated costs are for an increase of £3- £4 million each year.

Cllr Johnson was asked when a decision will be reached on the local bus services. He will find out and report back,

He was also asked what programme Herefordshire Council has in place to promote business in the rural market towns. He advised that the main thrust is for Hereford which is in a central location and a third of the county’s population live. The contaminated ground at Rotherwas is being cleared and new businesses are coming in. The new housing development in Leominster will need a relief road and that extra land will bring new business and light industry. Small pockets of investment will occur elsewhere in the county.

&nbsp;

<strong>Neil James – Balfour Beatty Locality Steward</strong>

<strong> </strong>

At this point the chairman welcomed Neil James to the meeting. Neil reported that a number of potholes have been repaired in the parish. He has also met James Boyce and dealt with a number of Public Rights of Ways issues. All gullies and drains have been jetted. The drain by the church gate is a problem. A camera was put down the drain and it was found to be collapsed and blocked. Works undertaken by BT may have caused this and Balfour Beatty are liaising with them. The road will need to be excavated to ascertain the cause and allow BT to visit the site. The hole will remain open and will need traffic lights which will cause congestion for possibly a couple of months. When this will happen and the timeframe is unknown at present. Cllrs expressed their concerns over the time of disruption to the village and asked Neil to try and lower the timeframe as much as possible.

Neil asked for a letter to be sent to landowners asking them to leave mud in the fields not bringing it out onto roads which causes blocked drains. The riparian rights for landowners next to water courses leaflet is now available online.

Neil advised of the Balfour Beatty Annual Plan Consultation Exhibition being held on 23<sup>rd</sup> October at Shore Hall inviting parish councillors and clerks to attend and give their suggestions on how to improve.

The environment agency has cleared Dowdings Brook but has left the area under the bridge. The parish council has written to Herefordshire Council asking for this to be addressed ASAP to ensure that it is cleared before rainfall causes flooding,

&nbsp;

<strong>6/10/14 Open Forum for Local Residents to raise matters relevant to the Parish Council </strong>

<strong> </strong>

The surface drains between Temple Court and Cottons Corner need cleaning<strong>. </strong>

The drain by the metal railings at Cottons Corner is blocked.

<strong> </strong>

<strong>7/10/14 Planning</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>a) Planning Applications to be considered:- </strong>none

&nbsp;

<strong>P141550/O Land West of Upper Court Road, Bosbury</strong>

Proposed development of up to 46 dwellings – further documents received

<strong>PC Comment: </strong>A letter of response was read out and it was agreed that the clerk should send this to the planning department.

&nbsp;

<strong>P142569/L Lichen Cottage, Bosbury, HR8 1PX</strong>

Various internal and external works

<strong>PC Comment: </strong>The parish council object to this application with reference to the windows being inappropriate for a conservation area and are disappointed that the work has already been completed before the application came before the parish council.

&nbsp;

<strong>P142398/F Hill Farm &amp; Hill Farm House, Bosbury, HR8 1HE</strong>

Proposed woodchip store to feed a woodchip boiler for Hill Farm &amp; Hill Farm House

<strong>PC Comment</strong>: The parish council support this application

&nbsp;

<strong>P142399/L Hill Farm, Bosbury, HR8 1HE</strong>

Addition of a woodchip store to feed a woodchip boiler supplying hot water and central heating for both properties Hill Farm and Hill Farm House

<strong>PC Comment: </strong>The Parish Council support this application.

&nbsp;

<strong>b) To confirm response to Considered Applications </strong>-

&nbsp;

The clerk advised that the parish council has been invited to attend the planning committee meeting where a decision will be reached on planning application P141538/F Land at the Willows Pow Green Bosbury.

<strong> </strong>

<strong>8/10/14 To note Planning Record (circulated) and decisions from Herefordshire Council – </strong>NOTED

<strong> </strong>

<strong>9/10/14 Correspondence / Consultation / Discussion / Communications</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>a) To discuss residential development proposal on land east of Brook Lane</strong>

<strong> </strong>

A letter from agents for the landowner of The Beanfield has been circulated to a limited number of recipients rather than all residents of Bosbury. The Neighbourhood Development Steering Group has spoken to the agent. Residents were asked that if they respond to this letter they refer to the NDP and ask for further dialogue to take place. No official application for the proposal has been made to Hereford Council to date.

<strong> </strong>

<strong>b) Report from Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group and to discuss NDP funding</strong>

<strong> </strong>

Cllr Whitehead advised that the consultation period for the NDP started on 20<sup>th</sup> September and ends on 25<sup>th</sup> October. Any variations can then be made and the document then goes into Herefordshire Council who have to then take it into account when making planning decisions although it is not yet adopted.

&nbsp;

The cost of printing and posting the NDP was AGREED to be met by the parish council.

&nbsp;

The chairman thanked the NDP Steering Group for all their hard work and the speed at which the plan had been produced.

<strong> </strong>

<strong>c) Update on defibrillator for Bosbury village</strong>

<strong> </strong>

Cllr Twigg has completed two applications which have been sent off to the Ambulance Service and Heart Foundation and await response.

&nbsp;

<strong>d) Future meeting venues</strong>

&nbsp;

Because of the recent welcome engagement with the community councilors felt they were uncomfortable speaking with their backs to the public and would prefer to hold meetings in the main hall. It was agreed to hold meetings on this basis for a trial period of 6 months.

<strong> </strong>

<strong>e)To consider listing the Bell Inn as an asset of community value</strong>

&nbsp;

After discussion this was agreed in principle. Cllr Joyce-Townsend to investigate further and the clerk to contact HALC for advice.

<strong> </strong>

<strong> f) Possible withdrawal of direct trains to London from Hereford, Ledbury and Colwall</strong>

&nbsp;

It was agreed for Cllr Joyce-Townsend to draft a letter to be sent by the clerk to the two Herefordshire MP’s, Ward Councillors and appropriate officers in Herefordshire Council.

&nbsp;

<strong>10/10/14 Highways and Footpaths </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>a) Traffic Speed Management </strong>– Cllr Joyce-Townsend has received confirmation from Graham Hornsby, Herefordshire Council that there are four more steps in the road traffic order procedure to get the 30mph &amp; new 40mph road signs moved and installed. Legalities regarding lighting is slowing the progress. The road is to be treated with beige anti-skid tarmac shortly.

&nbsp;

<strong>b) Road Conditions / Winter Self Help / Flooding</strong>

<strong> </strong>

There is a large oak tree on the bend just above Aylescroft under which the soil is moving, the clerk is to ask the locality steward to view it as a potential danger to traffic. <strong>RESOLVED</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>c) Update from Footpath Warden James Boyce</strong>

<strong> </strong>

The footpath warden has met with the locality steward and discussed the diseased trees along the footpath by the hall and the footpath at Swinmoor Common. Fingerposts have been delivered and installed.

He has received an email from Michael Mable regarding the M228 footpath at Catley advising that he has to publish a notice and has a year from 28<sup>th</sup> May to do this. Any objections must be received within 42 days.

A parish footpath map to define bridleways and paths is being compiled and when complete will be printed for distribution and display on notice boards.

<strong> </strong>

<strong>d) Lengthsman Jobs</strong>

<strong> </strong>

Leaves are to be cleared from drains and gullies. The grip between Nash End and Bosbury House needs clearing. Some road signs need strimming around to make them visible. The ditch in Coddington needs rodding under driveways to clear blockages and allow water to flow freely. <strong>RESOLVED</strong>

&nbsp;

<strong>11/10/14 Finance</strong>

<strong> </strong>

a) To agree Finance Report <strong>RESOLVED</strong>

<strong> </strong>

b) Payments <strong>RESOLVED</strong>

&nbsp;

620: PIP Printing – Neighbourhood Plan – £449.69

621: J Chester – Clerk salary and expenses August – as agreed

&nbsp;

c) New Financial Regulations – the clerk has drafted new regulations which councilors will read ready to discuss and adopt at the November meeting.

&nbsp;

d) Bank Mandate – deferred to November meeting as Cllr Boyle not present

&nbsp;

The clerk was asked to provide a cash book and bank reconciliation for the November meeting. <strong>RESOLVED</strong>

&nbsp;

<strong>12/10/14 Training / Meetings</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>a) To note Dates and attendees of meetings:- </strong>

<strong> </strong>

Defibrillator training may be required.

<strong> </strong>

<strong>b) Reports from meetings attended </strong>–

&nbsp;

Balfour Beatty Parish Briefing – the clerk had attended the meeting. Balfour Beatty went through their report which had previously been circulated. They also advised of a new LED lighting scheme being installed shortly. The clerk had brought back a number of leaflets which councilors took away to read.

&nbsp;

Ledbury Rural Parishes Cluster Group Meeting – the clerk had attended and reported that member parishes were split 50/50 whether to continue or fold the group. The decision was reached that it should continue on an informal basis with no subscriptions, agendas or minutes. The next meeting is on the 19<sup>th</sup> November at Tarrington.

&nbsp;

<strong>13/10/14 To review the Information, Correspondence and Outstanding Actions Sheet (circulated) – </strong>reviewed and updated

<strong>14/10/14 Items for next meeting</strong>

<strong> </strong>

Finance Regulations

Precept

Bank Mandate

Pub listing

Neighbourhood Plan

&nbsp;

<strong>15/10/14 Date of Next Scheduled Meeting – </strong>Thurs 6<sup>th</sup> November 2014 at Bosbury Village Hall

&nbsp;

<em>Meeting closed at 9.38pm</em>

<em> </em>

<em> </em>

<em> </em>

<em>Signed…………………………….     Dated……………………………….</em>

<em>Chairman</em></td>
<td width=”211″><strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>Ward Cllr Johnson </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>Neil James </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>Clerk</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>Clerk</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>Cllr Whitehead</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>Clerk</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>Cllr Joyce-Townsend / Clerk</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>Cllr Joyce-Townsend / Clerk</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>Clerk</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>James Boyce</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>Clerk</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>Clerk</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong>Clerk</strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong>

<strong> </strong></td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>