Minutes September 2014

Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on Thursday 4th September 2014 at 7.30pm



Councillors S Bosley (Chairman), G Blandford, Mrs J Boyle, M Hosking, J Joyce-Townsend, G Paganuzzi, B Taylor, M Twigg and P Whitehead


In attendance

Ward Councillor T Johnson

Footpath Warden J Boyce

J Chester – Parish Clerk


Public: 2



The chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.


1/9/14 Apologies Received – Cllr J Hayes (work commitments) and Cllr I Waddell (out of the country)


2/9/14 Declarations of Interest & Requests for Dispensation – none


Councillor Name Agenda Item Type of Interest Nature of Interest
Cllr S Bosley 10b P142244/L

10b P142571/AM

DPI                     NDPI Governor

Fellow Cllr

Cllr Paganuzzi 10b P142571/AM NDPI Fellow Cllr
Cllr Whitehead 10b P142571/AM NDPI Fellow Cllr


3/9/14 To approve minutes of the meeting held on 7th August 2014 (previously circulated)


The minutes were approved as a true and accurate record and duly signed by the chairman.


4/9/14 To receive a brief report from the Ward Councillor(s):


Cllr Johnson advised that Herefordshire Council are taking legal advice to get back the development rights at each end of Hereford United Football Ground.

Herefordshire Council are consulting on the 2014/15 budget with implications – cost of care this year has overrun due to the number of cases (the cost per case is within budget) and the cost of the care bill going through parliament raising the level where individuals pay for their own care and the Local Authority picking up the cost much earlier is currently unquantifiable. £43 million funding has been secured for the Inner City Ring Road and compulsory purchase orders are due to commence. New roads are needed to facilitate the build of 6000 houses in Hereford. A request for a railway spur link to Rotherwas is being investigated. Cases of abuse are being looked at so that Herefordshire Council does not have similar problems to the recent ones in Rotherham. They may consult with HALC and parish councils to spot problems.

Cllr Johnson was questioned about progress on the proposed development in Bosbury. Cllr Johnson has written to the Planning Officer Andrew Banks about the schools flooding concerns. No date for the meeting to make a decision has been set yet. The applicant has been given opportunity to respond to objections made by the Conservation Officer and Drainage Officer. The parish council asked to be kept fully abreast about all information on the development. Cllr Johnson advised that he will get all the up to date information forwarded to the clerk to enable the parish council to make further comment on the application.


5/9/14 Open Forum for Local Residents to raise matters relevant to the Parish Council


The surface drains between Temple Court and Cottons Corner need cleaning. The clerk is to ask the Locality Steward if a drainage map of Bosbury – both sewer and storm water – is available. RESOLVED

The suggestion was made to move parish council meetings into the main hall or to change the setup in the committee room to make them more inviting to the public who are currently engaging more with the parish council and to encourage the future continuation of public involvement.

The environment agency have been spotted looking at Brook Lane and Dowdings Brook and they are going to be cutting back vegetation and trees.


6/9/14 Correspondence / Consultation / Discussion / Communications


a) Report from Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group


Cllr Hosking advised that the draft plan has been written and is being checked prior to distribution to residents. The availability of a grant towards the cost of an NDP has run out for this year.


b) Update on proposed development on land west of Upper Court Road, Bosbury


As 4/9/14 above.


c) Update on defibrillator for Bosbury village


Cllr Twigg has completed two applications for defibrillator’s possibly situated at the village hall and is awaiting a reply. The benefits of a £400 annual maintenance charge against a purchase cost of £800 are being compared.


7/9/14 Highways and Footpaths


a) Traffic Speed Management – Cllr Joyce-Townsend has received confirmation from Graham Hornsby, Herefordshire Council that there are four more steps in the road traffic order procedure to get the 30mph & new 40mph road signs moved and installed. The parish council thanked Cllr Blandford for trimming the hedge in the road traffic calming area. An offer made to the parish council for more planters was declined as the current number of planters was thought sufficient.


b) Road Conditions / Winter Self Help / Flooding


The clerk is to ask Herefordshire Council and the Environment Agency for the debris under the bridge in Dowdings Brook (C1152) to be cleared away. Cllr Whitehead and the clerk to draft a letter to Herefordshire Council asking for the maintenance budget allocated when the bridge was built to be passed onto the parish council. RESOLVED. The clerk was asked to complain to the locality steward about the standard of pothole filling on the C1152.

The clerk is to order a further 150 filled sandbags and 100 empty bags. RESOLVED


c) Update from Footpath Warden James Boyce


The footpath warden has emailed the locality steward about diseased trees along the footpath by the hall and is awaiting a reply. Also at Lower Shinscroft kissing gate there is a hump of earth above which possibly diverts water, James Boyce will check this. The footpath warden is experiencing problems getting replies to his emails from the locality steward so will forward problems to the clerk and the clerk will get the ward councilors involved if necessary.


d) Lengthsman / P3 scheme contract


Ed Seabright has attended a training scheme and is now fully trained and covered to carry out lengthsman & P3 duties.


e) Lengthsman Jobs


The pavements in the village need clearing of moss and weeds using pressure washer and knapsack. The hedge around the burial ground needs a trim. The inside and height to be reduced this year and the outside next year to get the growth back under control. Cllrs Bosley and Blandford to speak to Robert Lane. The ditch by Rosebank in Coddington is not flowing freely and needs attention. RESOLVED


8/9/14 Finance


a) To agree Finance Report RESOLVED


b) Payments RESOLVED


618: J Chester – Clerk salary and expenses August – as agreed


c) New Financial Regulations – the clerk has drafted new regulations which councilors will read ready to discuss at the October meeting.


d) Bank Mandate – deferred to October meeting


The clerk was asked to provide a cash book and bank reconciliation for the October meeting. RESOLVED


9/9/14 Training / Meetings


a) To note Dates and attendees of meetings:-


Balfour Beatty Parish Briefing – Wed 24th & Thurs 25th September, Unit 3 Thorn Business Park, Rotherwas, 7pm – 8.30pm – Cllr Bosley to attend on Wed 24th.


Herefordshire Council 2015/16 Budget Consultation Update – 1st October, Blind College Hereford –


Herefordshire Council Code Of Conduct meeting – 16th September – Assembly Rooms, Town Hall, Hereford 6.30pm


b) Reports from meetings attended – none


10/9/14 Planning


a) To note withdrawal of paper planning applications with effect from 1st November 2014 – noted


b) Planning Applications to be considered:- none


P142244/L 1&2 The Cross, Bosbury, HR8 1PR

Proposed replacement windows to both dwellings.

PC Comment: The parish council support this application.


P142571/AM Norbridge Farm, Bosbury, HR8 1JX

Non- material amendment to planning DMN111909/FH

PC Comment: The Parish Council have no objections to this application.


c) To confirm response to Considered Applications – none


d)  To note decisions from Herefordshire Council – NOTED as per planning record


11/9/14 To note Planning Record (circulated) – RESOLVED

12/9/14 To review the Information, Correspondence and Outstanding Actions Sheet (circulated) – reviewed and updated

13/9/14 Items for next meeting


Finance Regulations

Bank Mandate

Neighbourhood Development Plan Funding

Upper Court Proposed development – statement for decision meeting

Invitation to Herefordshire Councils CEO Alistair Neil to attend November meeting

Meeting venues


14/9/14 Date of Next Scheduled Meeting – Thurs 2nd October 2014 at Bosbury Village Hall


Meeting closed at 9.43pm




Signed…………………………….  Dated……………………………….












































Ward Cllr Johnson
































































 Cllrs Bosley & Blandford












All Cllrs











 Cllr Bosley





















































































Ward Cllr Johnson












































































Cllrs Bosley & Blandford












All Cllrs













Cllr Bosley