DONATIONS POLICY Adopted: 10th May 2012
Donations will only be made at the end of each financial year if funds are available
Bosbury and Coddington Parish Council
Donations / Grants Policy
Adopted 26th May 2016
Revised by Leanne Rex, Clerk
1) The maximum sum set aside each financial year for donations and grants, is to be agreed upon annually at the full Bosbury and Coddington Parish Council meeting in which the precept is set.
2) All applications for donations or grants must be made in writing and submitted to the Clerk.
3) All applications must be decided by a full Parish Council meeting within six weeks of their receipt by the Clerk and this time may be extended where further details are required by the Parish Council to consider the application..
4) The Parish Council must satisfy itself that the grant will benefit the Parish Council area and a significant number of residents. Ideally there should be clear evidence of local need or demand for the proposed project / activity.
5) Each application must be accompanied by supporting documents as appropriate:
- Summary of the applicant’s accounts for the last financial year
- Proposed project details including a breakdown of costings
- Details of the applicant’s organisation, committee and meeting structure, appointed officers, etc. The Parish Council must feel confident that appropriate management mechanisms and financial controls are in place within the applicant’s organisation
- Other funding sources / grants applied for in relation to the project concerned
6) If the applications received exceed the maximum sum set aside in Section 1 in a financial year, then the Parish Council will target applications which benefit as many people as possible within the parish council area.
7) All donations/grants are awarded at the parish councils discretion. The parish council’s decision is final and there is no right of appeal.
Donations / Grants Conditions
- Grants will not be awarded to individuals.
- Grants will not be made retrospectively.
- Grants will not be awarded to fund activities of a political nature, nor activities considered to be the responsibility of the principal authority.
- Grants will not be awarded to organisations that make, or attempt to make, profit for the benefit of members or owners over and above revenue expenditure, e.g. running costs, staff costs, premises maintenance and general overheads.
- Organisations applying for a grant should be properly constituted, with appointed officers.
- Grants will be awarded on the assumption that other sources of income have been sought. Grants will not be made where their sole purpose is to secure such sources of income.
- Grants will only be considered accompanied by sufficient and appropriate documentation, including financial records. If there is insufficient documentary evidence the application will not be considered.
- If the organisation / body is unable to use the grant for the stated purpose, it must be paid back to Bosbury and Coddington Parish Council in full and without any reduction.
- The grant must be used for the purpose for which the application was made or it must be paid back to the Parish Council in full and without any reduction.
- Any applicant receiving a grant is required to acknowledge Bosbury and Coddington Parish Council’s contribution and agree such acknowledgement with the Parish Council.
- Unless agreed otherwise, projects must be completed within one year of the awarding of a grant by the Parish Council.
- All successful applicants receiving a grant must provide an End of Project Report, including a breakdown of expenditure, together with (copy) receipts within 3 months of the project completion.
- All successful applicants must report in writing to the Parish Council on the use of the grant at least four times per year and must attend the Parish Council to justify such use if requested to do so.
- Failure to comply with the above may result in the rescinding of the grant and a request for its return in full and without any reduction.
- These conditions will be included in a letter offering a grant from Bosbury and Coddington Parish Council. The applicant must sign and return to the Parish Council a copy of this letter, to agree they will comply with the conditions, before the grant is issued.